Entrepreneurial growth can be accelerated by creating conducive conditions – a catalytic government and regulatory environment, adequate capital flows, support from businesses, and availability of appropriate talent and mentoring. Azione partners public agencies in the establishment of sustainable and successful programmes which aim to achieve high-level ecosystem development objectives.
Successful entrepreneurial ventures, and the engines for economic development that they create, are embedded in complex and interdependent webs of economic attitudes, expectations, conventions, relationships, opportunity paths, and activities involving a broad community of stakeholders and, ultimately, their immediate markets.
Certain entrepreneurial ecosystems support technologically-oriented, rapid-growth ventures better than others. Among the priorities are:
Talent is essential to building an entrepreneurial ecosystem because it offers the following assets:
- A pool of potential entrepreneurs
- Human capital to provide skills to entrepreneurial companies
- A source for ideas and innovations that provides the foundation of an entrepreneurial climate
Many early-stage companies face growth constraints due to limited access to finance. Public agencies should seek to support entrepreneurs by building ecosystems for early-stage financing through:
- Increasing the presence of key market players such as angel networks and groups
- Strengthening early stage financing networks and capital markets
- Raising deal flow quality by improving entrepreneurs’ investment readiness
The deliberate attempt to identify and support new markets through concerted policy action requires high-level consensus across different public agencies on the aims and instruments to be used. Policy makers are faced with challenges when they design, monitor, evaluate, and adjust policies.
Azione support the design, implementation, and adjustment of policy by providing systematic advice on underlying conditions and effects for the development of early customers for start-ups.
We focus on:
- Early adopters for proof-of-concept
- Expertise in productising
- Reference customers
- First reviews
- Distribution channels