Corporate R&D occupies a central role in the advancement of technology and the development of new products. Companies are increasingly looking outside organisational boundaries for new ideas and knowledge in order to increase their innovative performance. Faced with rapidly changing, complex technology and cuts in internal corporate R&D, companies emphasise external research and alliances.
Some companies perform their R&D in-house, while others outsource much of their R&D to dedicated organisations. Still others license technology from others, or buy technology through mergers and acquisitions. Cross-company collaborations have also become more important. Azione supports companies in the exploration of such R&D alliances, the geographic expansion of their R&D activities, and the establishment of corporate incubators.
Internationalisation of corporate R&D brings substantial benefits such as higher cost efficiency of the innovation process, leveraged ability to learn about innovation conducted by other organisations, a reduced time length before commercialisation, and a positive impact on the innovation capacity of the company.
Azione provides long-term R&D support to companies seeking additional efforts to sustain and grow corporate R&D in a competitive environment. The goal is to understand the driving factors in the corporate environments in order to leverage the technical, manufacturing, and marketing strengths of the companies. Our R&D support addresses all aspects of technology development, including science, engineering, manufacturing, business, and intellectual property management.
- Assess technology and business needs on a strategic level
- Create R&D strategy in line with corporate objectives and constraints
- Build a technical and business team to execute authorised corporate R&D projects
- Regular status reports, reviews, and teleconferences to establish initial operations
- Share and incorporate new ideas and technologies amongst existing and new R&D units
- Develop risk-benefit and return-on-investment analysis on all research activities to eventually achieve a balanced technology development portfolio